Paula Lorimer is a licensed psychologist, and the founder and clinical director of the Evolution Psychology Center in Montreal. Her goal is to support and treat you using effective, evidence-based approaches to resolve your difficulties and help improve your well-being.
She works with adults, teens, and couples. Paula Lorimer offers you a ‘whole person approach’ to psychotherapy, meaning your thoughts, emotions, environment, and how you processes information and memories will be considered in the therapeutic process. Whether you are experiencing personal difficulties, problems in your work, social life, or relationships, or are simply ready for a change, Paula Lorimer can help you.
Paula’s specialties include:
- Developmental trauma (how we grow up)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Psychosomatic complaints (psychological cause behind physical symptoms)
- Anger Management
She also treats anxiety, depression, addictions, parental difficulties, grief, life dissatisfaction, stress management, and more. Her approach is collaborative as she believes in working together to resolve your difficulties. Paula provides effective treatment for cognitive (thinking), emotional, behavioural, and somatic (body) difficulties. She can provide you with the tools you need to make lasting positive change in your life once and for all.
- Member of the Ordre des Psychologues du Quebec 2005 (# 10498-05)
- Member of Canadian Psychological Association 2007(# 12894)
- Member of Alliance for Mental Health 2006
- Masters degree in Counselling Psychology at McGill University (2003) Montreal, QC
- B.Sc. in Psychology at Concordia University (2000) Montreal, QC
Trainings and Certifications:
Trained in assessment and treatment of psychological disorders with Neurofeedback. From Institut PsychoNeuro Laval, QC.
“The greatest gift a parent has to give a child—and a lover has to give a lover—is emotionally attuned attention and timely responsiveness.” – Dr. Sue Johnson
Warren Copeland is a psychologist who has been in private practice for over 12 years. He has worked in a variety of settings such as hospitals, schools, and community organizations. His purpose of providing therapy is to help individuals, couples, and families, find new and helpful ways of making sense of their world.
Warren works with a variety of clientele, including teenagers, adults, couples, and families. His approach to therapy typically employs a number of humanistic, cognitive behavioural, psychodynamic, and emotionally focused therapeutic interventions to help his clients better understand themselves and their difficulties. Working collaboratively, Warren helps his clients find effective ways to overcome their challenges.
Warren’s specialties include:
- Couple and family therapy
- Mood and anxiety
- Grief and loss
- Learning difficulties in children and teenagers
- Workplace conflict
- Anger and stress management
- Member of the Ordre des Psychologues du Quebec (OPQ) since 2003
- Externship in Emotionally-Focused Couple Therapy (2015)
- Three Year Post Masters Program in Marital and Family Therapy – Argyle Institute of Human Relations (2008)
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology – McGill University (2003)
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology – Concordia University (2001)
- Bachelor Of Commerce – Concordia University (1986)
Trainings/ Continued Education:
- Suicide Action Montreal training
- Various seminars in psychodynamic theory
- Various workshops in executive functioning in children and teenagers
Sylvie Martin is a psychologist and has been a member of the Ordre des Psychologues du Québec for 20 years. She has been practicing psychotherapy at the Evolution Psychology Center for a year and a half. Her expertise includes mood disorders and anxious disorders, burn-out, life transitions (grief, separation and divorce), stress management, relationship problems and low self-esteem. With empathy and offering a non judgmental environment, Sylvie can help you to define and reach your goals and your full potential.
Trainings/ Continued Education:
Christina is the Office Manager of Evolution Psychology Center and simultaneously holds a position as Student Intern, allowing her to nourish her passion for the helping field. Her warm reception will make you feel comfortable and at ease when you enter or call our center, be it for an appointment, more information on our many wellness services, or to simply reach out to an empathetic responder. Christina will attend to your unique situation and help you set your path for healing and reaching your full potential.
With a background in Psychology and Behavioral Science, and interest in a whole-person-approach to wellness, Christina is currently a graduate student in Counselling Psychology at Yorkville University, making her current position at the Evolution Psychology Center most fitting. Acting as the first line of contact on your road to a better future, it is always her pleasure to receive your calls and hear about your unique personal struggle. Health, happiness, and success are within reach; only you have the power to take the first step and make it happen.
- DEC in Social Sciences (Specialization in Psychology), Vanier College (2009)
- B.A in Psychology, Minor in Behavioral Science & Italian Studies, McGill University (2013)
- Present: Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Yorkville University & Graduate Diploma in Human Relations & Family Life Education, McGill University
Transform Your Life
Evolution Psychology Center is an integrative wellness clinic providing quality services for your body and mind. We are made up of a highly trained team of Montreal Psychologists, Therapists, and Health Professionals with many years of experience helping individuals overcome a variety of both psychological and physical health concerns. Evolution Psychology Center is committed to providing you with effective therapy that will help you grow, develop, and make lasting positive changes in your life. We are a client-focused team that prioritizes your well being and works with you to achieve health and success.
Transform Your Life