Paula Lorimer is a licensed psychologist, and the founder and clinical director of Evolution Psychology Center in Montreal. Her goal is to support and treat you using effective, evidence-based approaches to resolve your difficulties and help improve your well-being.
She works with adults and adolescents. Paula Lorimer offers you a ‘whole person approach’ to psychotherapy, meaning your thoughts, emotions, environment, and how you processes information and memories will be considered in the therapeutic process. Whether you are experiencing personal difficulties, problems in your work, social life, or relationships, or are simply ready for a change, Paula Lorimer can help you.
Paula’s specialties include:
- Developmental trauma (how we grow up)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Psychosomatic complaints (psychological cause behind physical symptoms)
- Anger Management
She also treats anxiety, depression, addictions, parental difficulties, grief, life dissatisfaction, stress management, and more. Her approach is collaborative as she believes in working together to resolve your difficulties. Paula provides effective treatment for cognitive (thinking), emotional, behavioural, and somatic (body) difficulties. She can provide you with the tools you need to make lasting positive change in your life once and for all.
- Member of the Ordre des Psychologues du Quebec 2005 (# 10498-05)
- Member of Canadian Psychological Association 2007(# 12894)
- Member of Alliance for Mental Health 2006
- Masters degree in Counselling Psychology at McGill University (2003) Montreal, QC
- B.Sc. in Psychology at Concordia University (2000) Montreal, QC
Trainings and Certifications:
Trained in assessment and treatment of psychological disorders with Neurofeedback. From Institut PsychoNeuro Laval, QC.