Emilie is a registered psychologist in France and is currently a Candidate to the Permit to practice in Quebec, issued by the Order of Psychologists of Quebec.
Emilie works collaboratively with you, providing a safe and non-judgmental environment, to explore challenges you may be facing. She will guide and support you throughout the process of making important changes and discovering healthy and adaptive coping strategies.
Emilie has extensive experience working in psychiatric hospitals as well as academic settings. She works with adolescents and adults, offering early detection of mental health issues and providing psychotherapy. The approaches she uses primarily are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
Emilie’s Specialties Include:
- Bipolar Disorders
- Psychosis and support to family members of a person suffering from Psychosis/Schizophrenia
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Personality/Interpersonal difficulties
- Stress management
- Emotions/Anger management
- Life changes (grief, separation, job loss/change)
- Burn out
- Doctorate of Applied Neurosciences degree from the University of Pierre et Marie Currie/Sorbonne – Paris, France
- Masters degree in Cognitive Psychology “Cognition-Language-Emotion” from the University of Provence – Aix-en-Provence, France (2007)
- Masters degree in Clinical Psychology and Psychopathology from the University of Provence – Aix-en-Provence, France (2005)