Navid received his Masters in Clinical Psychology at the Islamic Azad University in Iran and has been in practice since 2011. He is presently studying and is a Ph.D. candidate in Neuropsychology at the University of Montreal.
Navid has experience helping people of all ages with anxiety, depression, couples counselling, child behaviour disorders and parenting, stress, and burnout.
His approach to psychotherapy includes cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and humanistic therapy. He also includes other approaches when it is helpful.
Navid is compassionate and non-judgemental and works to build an empathic relationship with you. This person-centered, humanistic approach allows you to emotionally open up, to express your concerns and feelings, and to actively participate in the therapeutic sessions. In a warm and welcoming environment, Navid can help you develop the skills to cope with the current difficulties as well as to broaden your horizons and find meaningful aspects of your life.
Navid’s Specialties Include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Child behavioral problems
- Couples counselling
- Ph.D. candidate in neuropsychology at the University of Montreal
- Masters in clinical psychology at the Islamic Azad University
- Bachelors in general psychology at the Shiraz University of Iran
- Cognitive Therapy for Children
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Parents’ Behavioral Management Therapy for Externalizing Problems of Children (PMT)
- ADHD/ Diagnosis and Treatment
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Information (EMDR)
- Schema Therapy