Leandra Hallis is a registered psychologist and has been a member of the Ordre des Psychologues du Québec for over 10 years. She has extensive experience working in psychology clinics, medical clinics and psychiatric hospital settings.
Leandra focuses on providing a warm, empathetic and collaborative environment for her clients. Her therapeutic approach draws on tools from Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
Leandra seeks to improve your quality of life and connect them to their core values. She believes that therapy should be tailored to the personality and goals of the client. Sometimes thoughts and feelings can be changed whereas in other instances it may be more suitable to work on acceptance and mindfulness techniques. Additionally, Leandra’s approach to therapy is sensitive to your varying needs that may be diverse in terms of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status.
Leandra’s specialties include:
- Personality/Relational difficulties
- Stress management
- Pain management
- Member of the Ordre des Psychologues du Québec since 2006 (#10752-06)
- Doctor of Psychology degree (PsyD) from the Université de Sherbrooke (2017), Montreal.
- Masters degree in Clinical Psychology from Lakehead University (M.A.) (2005), Thunder Bay, Ontario.
- B.A. in Psychology from McGill University (2002), Montreal.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy conferences and training workshops
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy conferences