Burnout is emotional, cognitive, and physical exhaustion in response to high and prolonged levels of stress. This is not the same as a couple of bad days or weeks at school or work. Burnout results in a lack of motivation or interest caused by feeling overwhelmed and unable to meet constant or unrealistic expectations and demands.
Do you or somebody close to you feel:
- Everyday is a bad day?
- Dread about going into work?
- Exhausted all the time?
- Unappreciated? Overworked?
- Overwhelmed with all the things you have to do?
- Over-committed with responsibilities?
- Unsure about what your job role is or what you’re supposed to be doing?
- Concerned about job security?
- Resentful about work?
- Like you are caring less about how good a job you do?
- Are your personal or work relationships affected by these feelings?
If you answered ‘yes’ to several questions you or your loved one may be suffering from a burnout. You are not alone and it can get better. Getting treatment can eliminate burnout and prevent a future burnout from occurring. Evolution Psychology Center effectively treats burnout and related conditions such as anxiety and depression. Contact us today to make an appointment with a Montreal Psychologist or Therapist at 514-758-7792 or email@example.com.