Do you feel nervous or anxious?
Anxiety is described as a state of apprehension and worry that something bad or unpleasant is about to happen.
It occurs with a range of physical symptoms that can, in themselves be disturbing. Symptoms can range from mild such as feeling uncomfortable and tense, to moderate like shortness of breath and fearfulness, to severe such as feeling panic or tightness and pain in the chest. Sometimes people feel they are going crazy or are having a heart attack.
Do you or someone you love feel:
- Like your heart is racing, pains in your chest, sweating and/or shaking?
- As if you are losing control or going crazy?
- Like you worry all the time or more than usual?
- Fearful, apprehensive, or panicky even when there is nothing scary happening?
- Like your thoughts are racing and your mind won’t settle down?
- Like you can’t relax or let go?
- Like you have more physical complaints such as headaches, upset stomach, or chronic muscle tension?
- It’s hard to pay attention and concentrate on things?
- It’s hard to fall asleep or stay asleep?
If you answered “yes” to several of the above questions, you may be suffering from chronic anxiety or an anxiety disorder. You are not alone. Anxiety disorders are among the most prevalent mental health problems experienced by Canadians; 10.4% – 24.9% will experience an anxiety disorder in their lifespan . Anxiety Disorders are highly treatable, you don’t need to suffer with anxiety any longer. Change is possible. Evolution Psychology Center provides effective treatment for anxiety. Contact us today to make an appointment with a Montreal Psychologist or Therapist at 514-758-7792 or email@example.com.
 Public Health Agency of Canada, The Human Face of Mental Health and Mental Illness in Canada, 2006