Alcohol and Drug Abuse (also known as Substance Abuse) occurs when you use alcohol or drugs in a way that creates negative consequences for yourself or others. This can be short-term such as a hang-over, missing work or school, and binge use or mid- to long- term consequences such as problems at work, legal and financial difficulties, relationship problems, and physical problems such as liver disease.
Do you or a loved one:
- Have blackouts?
- Have physical symptoms such as hang-overs, headaches, upset stomach, fatigue due to drug or alcohol consumption?
- Have difficulty saying “no” to drugs or alcohol? Have difficulty stopping the use of alcohol or drugs once you’ve started?
- Miss days of work, school, family events, or other appointments because of alcohol or drug use?
- Use alcohol or drugs to cope with stress or life situations?
- Has drug or alcohol use had a negative effect on school, work or home life?
- Notice others telling you that you might have a problem?
If you answered “yes” to several of these questions you or your loved one may have a substance abuse problem, and may also be on the road to developing an addiction. You are not alone and you can get help before it gets worse. Evolution Psychology Center can help you assess and treat substance abuse problems. Contact us today to make an appointment with a Montreal Psychologist or Therapist at 514-758-7792 or email@example.com.